We are looking for a Back-end Engineer designer to help Pascal realize its mission to be a wealthtech leader. Toronto, Ontario.
- Work with business heads and team members to validate and develop a technology roadmap and assist in deriving project documentation related to the technology delivery and operation.
- Work with team members to engage external industry experts as needed.
- Identify and communicate technology challenges and risks in a timely manner.
- Engage with external service providers to validate and engineer integration solutions.
- In collaboration with team members capture all technology requirements, provide technology updates and share ideas.
- Construct or assist in the creation of artifacts such as, application architecture, test cases, integration guides, and operational run-books.
- Helping design a rich, modern, simplified technology platform.
SKILLS YOU BRING
- Must have solid Python, Django framework experience. Postgres, AWS, and Docker are strong additions.
- Strong CS fundamentals and experience working in a TDD and Agile environment.
- Experience with cloud deployed architecture.
- Effective and efficient communication skills – verbal and written.
- Self-Starter requiring minimal supervision with the ability to work independently and in teams.
- Strong ability to balance competing or conflicting requests and priorities of various work activities.
- Experience in Wealth Management or Capital Markets and preferably within both IIROC and MFDA wealth management channels.
- Knowledge of existing industry wealth management platforms.
- 5+ years of work experience in the financial or investment industry.
- 5 to 7+ years of experience working within a technology team.
- Organized, analytical thinker with a high attention to detail.
- Aptitude for understanding various technologies with a flexible, and enthusiastic attitude.
- Working knowledge and experience using Jira and Confluence is an asset.